In the tradition of The Year of Magical Thinking and What Remains, this breathtaking memoir by a young Army widow shares her heartbreaking, candid story about recovering from her husband's death.A world traveler, Artis Henderson dreamed of living abroad after college and one day becoming a writer. Marrying a conservative Texan soldier and being an Army wife was never in her plan. Nor was the devastating helicopter crash that took his life soon after their marriage. On November 6, 2006, the Apache helicopter carrying Artis’s husband Miles crashed in Iraq, leaving her—in official military terms—an “unremarried widow.” She was twenty-six years old.
About the Author:
Artis Henderson is an award-winning journalist and essayist whose work has appeared in The New York Times, Reader’s Digest, Florida Weekly, and the online literary journal Common Ties. She has an undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and a graduate degree from Columbia University’s School of Journalism. She lives in New York.
- 216 S Armenia Ave
- Tampa ,
- Postal Code:
- United States
- The Largo Public Library hosts and we cater books for SARAH GERARD debut author of BINARY STAR(3 days)
- INDEPENDENT BOOKSTORE DAY - 2015(5 days)
- TOMMY GREENWALD author of the CHARLIE JOE JACKSON books kicks off Childrens Book Week 2015(7 days)
- DO OVER with author JON ACUFF(10 days)
- YA BOOK CLUB - THIS ONE SUMMER(14 days)
- Second Tuesday Poetry Night(15 days)